JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2008, 11:32 AM

Default H22 crx build

here it is what you have all been looking for the 2.2 vtec crx [^]. i red the thread about uploading pictures so i hope this works. i am going to wait until i have a full spec list made up before adding it cause if i start now ill only leave half the stuff out. and for all you jokers out there i will be spraying the car shortly so keep your comments about the the bright orange paint and silver spoiler to your selves just messin let me no your opions , good and bad [^]

Old 05-02-2008, 05:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to glanzbo

Looks good to me I love h22's, ditch the body coloured bumpers though. Well done on the work.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:12 PM

good to see it done(bar the spray)kept hearin bout it from dave sice!should call over sumtime and ill take a look...where down near mullin's
Old 05-02-2008, 07:00 PM

call down any time. close to mullins but a different road give me a text an ill give u directions. what do you all think of the wings west flush mount deck spoiler http://www.wingswest.com/catalog/p15...duct_info.html i think ill get it
Old 05-02-2008, 07:09 PM

I like the silver boot btw I also like standard bodywork!, stick with whats on it or de-spoiler or a 16v lip don't modify. Modifying = Pants just my two cents.

I could be wrong though:
Old 05-02-2008, 07:31 PM

since this is a build thread i better keep you up dated with news of any thing happening. well i got a chipped ECU today from http://www.phearable.net/ today its got some cool features like launch control an they promise 15bhp !!! who knows ? ether way im look farward to recieving it. i also got a walbro fuel pump cause i dont think the standard one is keeping pressure at the top end with the bigger injectors an all. ill post pictures next week when i recieve them.
o and here are the wheels im using. well i cant use them until i upgrade to prelude hubs brakes and calipers cause there 114 stud pattern. ill jus have to stick to the steelies for now.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:33 PM

nice job on the car lad. wouldn't fancy working under cavity blocks though, ive seen them to collapse. was the car white orginally? did ya spray the bay yourself?
also is the induction kit fitted a little too near the engine- might be sucking in a little too much hot air.
what colour you spraying the car?
whats it like at taking corners, some people say there too heavy at the front did ya notice this?
is there much of a difference in the weight of the two engines? would you have to take it into when chosing springs and shocks for the front?
Old 05-03-2008, 10:31 AM

your right about the cavity blocks they fell to dust when the car was taken off them !!!ya the car was white originally im original plan was to restore it to white but i saw a picture of this black crx and now this is my end goal as far as external looks go

my friend that finished the build resprayed the engine bay. he did a really good job i think. your right about the air filter i do have a pipe to put it down the hole in the front drivers corner but i changed my mind cause the mud gaurds are missing and the car wouldnt be mobile on a wet day. this is why i made the post looking for a none running car to get all these things from it. im spraying the car flint black as much like the car above as possible.
as far as taking corners go there is a difference but sence im on steelies at the moment with 185x60x14 tires there is to much tire role to tell for sure. the car is sitting on tein super street coil overs origanally for a DA integra which are valved harder to suit the extra weight hanging on the front end. they are an inch to long but this is cancelled out with the height adjustability although just about cause the back is as low as it can go !!!! the extra weight of the h22 over the b16 is roughly the weight of a passenger so it is a bit. i think when i have the prelude brakes and light weight wheels on the weight will not be to noticeabile. i hope this answers your questions [^]
Old 05-03-2008, 11:20 AM

Mango off the uk forum owns that black one now, its a nice car I just don't like the body coloured bumpers but on a black car you can't really see it.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:41 PM

Send a message via MSN to Baz_crx

sweet project would like to see how the handling is after you fit the brakes and new wheels, just to see is it really nose heavy