JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Chat Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Well i did alot of thinking and instead of buying the ibherdesign kit,I.C.E and a whole load of plans i had for the 1.5 i'm now thinking of just buying a c/f bonnet,wind deflectors and spray job, maybe lowering springs and whatevers problems needs to be fixed.I have decided to do so,so i will have more funds to buy a vtec crx when i'm 17-18.Then i will insure the 1.5 up to the point until i can afford to insure the vtec in my own name(at the age of about 21-22)and have it as a show car.During that time of course i'll be modifying the car with engine upgrades and exterior/interior styling[8D]

But is this a good idea?I know most of ye'll say yah defo cause it's a crx and all but thinking about it the car will be at most 19 years old before i'm driving it,it'll be very expensive and hard to buy one in 2-3 years. Plus there's no gaurantee it will be a good one and it will be even harder to get parts.I'll probably buy one still but just keep it in the garage and take care of it until it's really,really rare But my question is should i just leave the crx and just modify another younger car like a civic or something to become a show/road car[?]