JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Exterior
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2008, 08:06 PM

Default finally getting round to bodywork issues

Hi dudes,
so ive finally decided to sort out the damage to the crx. Firstly I went into the motor factors in Galway. I gave them the flint black paint code and they cross referenced it and gave me a rattle can off the shelf. I'll try it first on the old door. I also got a filler kit and a few different grades of sandpaper. My plan is for the scrapes and the odd rust bubble to sand down the existing paint with the rough(dry), then medium (wet), then fine sandpaper(wet) and spray lightly a few coats over a few days. For the heavier work ill need to remove trim and try pull back the bodywork. Then sand down, treat with that rust eater (no rust as far as i can see but no harm) . Then ill fill and try sand it down as perfect as possible. Im not sure about a laquer yet as it may make the rest of the bodywork look dull.
Ive read a fair few write ups in the past and its a job i think i can do. My reason for writing this is that id like any input from anyone who has done bodywork.

Is any of my plan flawwed?
My car is flint black, is it possible to get the 'mettalicy' finish from a rattle can?
Do i need a laquer for the lighter scraps,rust bubbles?

Thanks for reading.
James