JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2022, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Has been pretty quiet with the CRX of late - have mainly just been driving it. That's not to say nothing has been happening - was cleaning up the car and the engine bay bolts stuck out as being pretty crappy looking -

Tried to order new ones from my local Honda dealer, but they're absolutely fcuking useless and go out of their way to be unhelpful - so it was Amayama to the rescue again.

These are a stainless version - so shouldn't go too crappy, but have also bought some ACF 50 recently so will give them a quick spray to protect them and other bits.

Was also having a goo on Facebook one day and this popped up for sale - its a genuine Mugen rear wing with mounting brackets. Had to spin up to Belfast to collect it, but it was the cheapest I've seen one for a while - even if it did cost as much as the car itself.

Waiting for my paint guy to get a bit of time to take it in for paint - theres still some panel alignment to be done as well, so will get it all done in one go. Fitting this doesn't require the top of the bootlid to be drilled - so its reversible if I change my mind on it.

Last bit was also spotted on a facebook trawl, and again up North! The top of my dashboard had a flocked effect on it - which didn't match the doorcards I have. I'm sure it wasn't that noticeable, but it was irritating me. I thought I'd have to get someone to retrim the flocked piece on my existing dash - and was worried that the match would be off. The new dash is in absolutely flawless condition - the guy found it in his attic, where it had been for 15 years.

So a 7 hour session yesterday was spent removing the old dash and fitting up the new one. Not an entirely fun job - especially since a lot of wiring had been done since the old dash went in.

Swapped over some of the bits from the old to the new before refitting -

All done - and a few well deserved drinks were had -

No mismatched flocking and plastic anymore!