JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Chat Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 05:03 PM

Default crx+dad=no way

Well after a week of the problem of my rex not ideling properly and it keeping missing all the time,i finally found the problem[].It turns out that when we had the car in the garage and when my dad was trying to figure out why the radio and alarm weren't working.He took out the fuse's to see if any had blown and we found one that was and replaced it(radio and mirriors problem fixed[8D]).Then we took it out of the garage the ideling and missind problem accord.I fixed it today when i looked under the steering whell where dad was at the fuse's and seen that while he was checking them he put the 10a fuse in 16 instead of 14(the emmision lead)[8)].Although dad did realise there was no power through the emission lead i dont think i'll never let him near the wiring part of the car again.Good thing we got it fixed as we had the garage man called and asked him to come down and take a look at it so i saved myself money.Still no alarm working and it's going up to dublin with cyclonium next week[:0]
Old 07-15-2005, 01:03 PM

Hehe - Dads are great for picking you up from the pub or borrowing a few quid from but somtimes get a bit out of their depth with cars. Saying this I am starting to become like my dad. Its scarey
Old 07-15-2005, 01:21 PM

Another completely stupid thing he done that happened recently was,the lift arms on one of the tractors were stuck up so we had to get them down.So we jumped on them for a while but no movement.Then we lifted up a transport box and connected it to the arms and started filling it up with 6 inch concrete blocks.After putting a whole load of blocks in and no movement i said"dad surely this has to be enough weight to bring it down,have you the lever that brings the arms up and down in the right position?"He went up in the tractor moved the lever in the other direction and down came the arms[)]So we ended putting in a whole load of extra blocks that were not needed and had to take them all off again after we got it down[}]

Jeysus i hope i turn into my dad when i get older