JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Chat Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Well i did alot of thinking and instead of buying the ibherdesign kit,I.C.E and a whole load of plans i had for the 1.5 i'm now thinking of just buying a c/f bonnet,wind deflectors and spray job, maybe lowering springs and whatevers problems needs to be fixed.I have decided to do so,so i will have more funds to buy a vtec crx when i'm 17-18.Then i will insure the 1.5 up to the point until i can afford to insure the vtec in my own name(at the age of about 21-22)and have it as a show car.During that time of course i'll be modifying the car with engine upgrades and exterior/interior styling[8D]

But is this a good idea?I know most of ye'll say yah defo cause it's a crx and all but thinking about it the car will be at most 19 years old before i'm driving it,it'll be very expensive and hard to buy one in 2-3 years. Plus there's no gaurantee it will be a good one and it will be even harder to get parts.I'll probably buy one still but just keep it in the garage and take care of it until it's really,really rare But my question is should i just leave the crx and just modify another younger car like a civic or something to become a show/road car[?]
Old 07-19-2005, 04:12 PM

Your idea of slightly modding your 1.5x and eventually buyin a vtec is exactly what Ive done and it seems to be working out fairly good for me[8D]
I done some very minor mods to my CRX and it does stand out with them, Ive even been asked to enter some local shows with it.. I havent got much body mods planed for the SiR but handeling and performance will be uprated all in good time when I can afford it..

So Id recomend the subtle 1.5 and eventually the show worthy vtec..

KEEP IT REX
Old 07-19-2005, 04:42 PM

Don't forget your driving your rex now.when i get a licence and i'm able to afford to insure it,it will be ancient so i'm thinking i should just leave it to appreciate in value and modify another car.Alsop if i was to modify it,i'm gonna modify everything possible which i can afford the only fault i see is that in 4 years or so,when i want a mugen kit or something it will be harder to get and more expensive and other things may be harder to get.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:44 PM

My one fear with building my car, which is goin to take a while to perfect is parts being dicontinued.

Think there is still enough demand out there atm however, as honda will never build such a light,fun car again, so there will always be demand for them on the track etc hence a demand for performance parts, that includes the hatch too.

Ive put my engine plans on hold for a bit as i know the parts are only new, going to sort sus, brakes etc first.

Think you know my general feelings on this already rich.

90 White USDM CRX HF (JDM B20B Swap)
05 White USDM Subaru Legacy Outback
Old 07-20-2005, 04:12 PM

No argument with parts fading out but there will always be new parts available somewhere like Twin Cams they are drawing a sort of fanbase as long as there is CRXs there should be parts...