JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2010, 12:53 PM

not a thing its just a vti engine and im a whore for horses
Old 04-20-2010, 02:06 AM

That 169hp was on dyno dynamic's too. Ya can add 25 to them figure's. I'm not so sure its the dyno that read's inaccurate. Its more to do with the way the car's are mounted on them dyno's by the tuner's themselves. They seem to put fwd car's up the wrong way around. Has anyone else, noticed this or have any interesting input? The car shouldn't be strapped down.
It will be interesting to see the difference in the cam's from vti to type s cam's with a caliper. Nial has told me, that on visual inspection, the type s cam's look very aggressive. I haven't witnessed yet, but i'm sorry i didn't keep it! Ha
Old 04-21-2010, 01:51 AM

Gonna be one cheap bump up in power if it works out for ya Niall glad your happy with it
Old 04-22-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mcd22

Its more to do with the way the car's are mounted on them dyno's by the tuner's themselves. They seem to put fwd car's up the wrong way around. Has anyone else, noticed this or have any interesting input? The car shouldn't be strapped down.
I'd tend to agree with you 100% - when I got mine done they really tightened the fcuk out of the ratchet straps. They used 2 big ones and 1 small one.

They tighten them up something unreal. I'd prefer the Dyno that tests from the Hubs rather than the Rollers.

In saying that I'd prefer to get a figure of ~150/160 for my siR rather than 235!!!

siR [New addition] Sold!
siR [RIP]
Old 04-22-2010, 03:19 AM

I was on martin's dyno before once. I had to make sure i was holding the hydraulic handbrake held while he did a few pull's on the dyno. No strap's at all. He had the car the other way around completely. When the car would start to pull hard, it would rise up on the front roller, the dyno roller. The other roller is only an idler. When your on a dyno dynamic's dyno, the car lift's up onto the idler roller, and off course, the tuner, think's its slipping and tighten's the holy shitee out of the strap's.
It was an interesting experience, at how experienced, martin was a using his dyno. No fear at all, and nothing went wrong, and an accurate reading. I'm not saying he's the only one that does it right. We hired out a dyno dynamic's 2month's ago to tune my car. Power number's didn't really matter to me. Once we could get a torque reading, we could still tune. 334hp on it and the owner of the dyno controlled the operation of its use. It was on backward's and strap's tightened twice, to prevent slippage, and tyre pressure dropped.