JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2013, 01:03 PM

Default My Irish ee8 Crx

Well lads here's my Crx picked up up about 2months ago.

The day i picked it up i got a set of 15" Cpr Sprint Harts for it then i got a set of adjustable Koni's as i didnt want anything madly stiff and i dont plan on lowering it to much as its so clean underneath. i got a folder full of paperwork since 2005 its had 20k spent on it and all in the main dealer it was sold out of new.Parts fitted ranged from headlights,sidelights,indo's to calipers all round. It drives like a new car except for a very minor notching in 5th gear which i've startd to avoid by double clutching. hoping to find a ys1 before next summer but i'm in no rush. I'm the 4th owner on it,the lad i got it off of was a mechanic in the dealership and his father was the head mechanic in the same dealership. His father did all the checks on it when it was new and his name is on the booklets and the form for when it had it final checks when sold first day.

Spotted a set of mugen cf48's for sale last week and i was contemplating buying a set so i jumped on em. Currently the car needs sunroof cables and a small scab of rust sorting. I was in the maindealer here locally buying a service kit, fuel filter,gear oil and exhaust gaskets as one of them is leaking but i dont see the point in not changing them all cause if one is going then they are all gunna be in need of a change soon enough(car got a new catback 2years ago[^]) while i was thier said feck it i'd ask about sunroof cables as mine had snapped in 2004 and were never replaced as thier 289 plus vat , got onto a lad i know in limerick who is doing a kswop on his ee8 and i got the full sunroof off of him for 30 so was delighted as i now have a spare motor aswell. the car is undersealed atm but i plan on stripping it and doing it again along with waxoil everywhere i can get it into. i had planned on painting it before the winter but time got away from me as i enjoyed driving it to much and didnt want to put it off the road. it will be done when i'm finished fas in april/may. now less reading and more pics

Old 12-09-2013, 04:30 PM

Nice car, well done!
Best of luck with it....
Old 12-09-2013, 10:29 PM

Looking great Kevin keep it that way they are getting rare
Old 04-08-2014, 02:35 AM

Is she on donedeal? Nice car!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:32 PM

It is now again Alan nice looking CRX I really need to get a look at it in person
Old 04-10-2014, 01:00 AM

I might b up your way in the next few weeks paul I will give u a shout if i'm not driving the golf. It is Alan i'm moving to canada next year so trying to get my money and stuff sorted now so that i'm not stuck selling last minute as tbh i love the car and if i wasnt moving i wouldnt be selling
Old 04-11-2014, 06:50 AM

Do Kev if your heading to limerick youll be passing my house on the way so let me know beforehand