JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > General Chat & Events > General Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 11:25 AM

Yeah I know Mark - a lot of that is down to Microsofts, emm...unconventional interpertation of standards. And thats another thing - you can host XP on OSX - can't do it the other way around! And in case anyone thinks I'm biased, I am - I used to work for M$.

So Mark, what do you know about getting Exchange 2003 to talk to Outlook (or whatever it's called now) on Mac??
Old 08-22-2005, 08:33 AM

You cant run OSX on a pc because Apple dont want you to basically, There is a copy of OSX for x86 cpus around the net that has had the hardware check removed so it DOES run on PC. Its only at beta stage at the moment.

Likewise theres VMWare for PC's that will let you run multiple OS's at the same time. ...inc unix OS's.

Exchange and Macs LOL now thats a real afterthought on Microsofts part. Office X (After a few service packs) and Office 2004 for mac do support exchange and LDAP within Entourage so it works to a degree. Entourage is a complete bag of shitee i might add but hey its all that works. The only feature thats lacking is an address book lookup, its a little dim in that it wont interigate the exchange server to check e-mail address's so you have to also point Entourage to your LDAP server so it can figure that part out. It does check names but you dont get an address list as such like a PC.

Webmail is horrific on a Mac, you really have to use MS IE on a mac for the site to function properly as its all written in EML language, something to do with "unconventional interpertation of standards" LOL..

Mark.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:11 PM

Oh Joy, sounds like fun times ahead. Glad i'm off on my holidays - someone else can sort it!