JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Chat Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2020, 07:43 PM

Does it have the recording of Japanese woman welcoming you to the car now whenever you turn on the ignition?

I was having a root around a pretty ropey vtec swapped CRX I have today, planning on getting it running perfect and all serviced up for the eventual B16 swap into my EF 4dr..

Need to trace some wiring to figure out why the fuel pump is wired directly to the fuse board, hopey just a broken wire
Old 09-07-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by C-Rex

Does it have the recording of Japanese woman welcoming you to the car now whenever you turn on the ignition?

I was having a root around a pretty ropey vtec swapped CRX I have today, planning on getting it running perfect and all serviced up for the eventual B16 swap into my EF 4dr..

Need to trace some wiring to figure out why the fuel pump is wired directly to the fuse board, hopey just a broken wire
Most likely a main relay fault i'd have thought
EE8 Cel Blue...RIP
Old 09-07-2020, 09:10 PM

Yea Paul I soldered the joints last night but there seems to be a bit more to it, I must check some of the wiring have the manuals downloaded off CRXuk to help track it down
Old 09-07-2020, 09:15 PM

I had to reshuffle the yard today to do some power washing forgot how good CR-Xs look from the rear

Old 09-11-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by C-Rex

I had to reshuffle the yard today to do some power washing forgot how good CR-Xs look from the rear

Your just showing off now [^]
EE8 Cel Blue...RIP
Old 09-16-2020, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Managed to track down a set of EF7 clocks from New Zealand - they're thin on the ground here as I rapidly discovered. Mileage was well off what mine is, so needed to adjust the odometer.

Its at this stage that you wonder would it have been better to just live with the incorrect mileage

They're actually pretty easy to work on - and the needles are a lot more sturdy than the ones on some other cars I've worked on. Noticed how dirty some of the figures were - so decided to clean them up

The cotton bud gives you a good indication of the gunk that came off -

Decided to clean off some of the greasy marks on the speedo itself - which was a disaster. The alcohol was obviously too strong for whatever paint Honda used on these - I was greeted with a black smear on the cloth as all the paint started coming off. Either way, I continued with painting the needles in yellow. I like them - but with new clocks on their way I'll have the option of switching back to white.

You can see the paint coming off in and around the 180kph section...

Old 10-20-2020, 07:28 AM

Brought mine for NCT this morning...and it passed! Mainly due to the lad that was testing it though (he owns an EG so knows all about the heartache of old Hondas).

So I need to buy some lower control arm bushes (which he probably should have failed me on ). Do Tegiwa still sell them for the CRX?

Also need to get the finger out and find a decent person / bodyshop that will a) do a thorough job of prepping and undersealing the car and b) give it a good full respray. If anyone knows of anyone who is good and are happy to take on a CRX, let me know (spoke to two people who around these parts and they don't want to go near it unfortunately )
Old 10-20-2020, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Richards Rex
Also need to get the finger out and find a decent person / bodyshop that will a) do a thorough job of prepping and undersealing the car and b) give it a good full respray. If anyone knows of anyone who is good and are happy to take on a CRX, let me know (spoke to two people who around these parts and they don't want to go near it unfortunately )
I'd give you the details of the guy who is painting my CRX, but I don't think he ever wants to see another one! Gabor Auto in Glasnevin did a very good job on my E30 recently - definitely worth a shout.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kdevitt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Richards Rex
I'd give you the details of the guy who is painting my CRX, but I don't think he ever wants to see another one! Gabor Auto in Glasnevin did a very good job on my E30 recently - definitely worth a shout.
Was there good detail in the work by Gabor? If you don't mind, could you pm me on how much they charged ya for the e30 and what exactly was done i.e. windows out, engine out etc...
Old 10-21-2020, 08:56 PM

Nice one Rich, hopefully have one of my 1.5s back on the road next month when it turns vintage. Think the NCT will have to wait with this latest lockdown though#128580;

As for paint seems no one wants to take on old cars these days Chris done mine but he is flat out these days and can hardly think about more jobs