JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by djchickcrx

follow the drain tubes down to the rear arch. make sure their not blocked down there in any way.
yip thats the first thing i did and then gave them a shot of the compressor. probably the most common reason the sunroof models leak is the back drain tubes been blocked
Old 08-26-2012, 08:19 PM

small bit of an update been flat out with work, got my sunroof in and all fitted up and all the interior back in. then took off the back bumper and support bar. had a good support bar so switched tha over and also test fitted the ef8 bumper and back lights center section.

Also got a reg plate from eire plates and tried that out on the back.

bit undecided on the bumper i like the square reg holder, also what is peroples opinion on the back lights leave the crx logo one or use the ef8 no logo one ???

few pics

sunroof in and sprayed matt black for time been

new rear support bar and waxoiled they back section gave it a good clean and few coats of the black stuff.

back bumper test fitted

ef8 bumper and crx center section ?? what ye think or .......

also picked up a rust free mint bootlid, my own was ok but had a tiny spot of rust so i got this one

also when i was down with the fella i got boot off of i picked up this exhaust needs a bit od work ok for a €10

the one on the car is a skunk back box a nd s/s pipe the full way to the mani bit to loud for me.

off on holidays for 2 weeks so no work on car, hope to get clutch and alloys sorted when i come back.

Also bought a set of new neopreme seals for the lights as the other ones were gone hard and crap, can be got on ebay for 20 euro + delivery

Old 08-26-2012, 09:44 PM

Some very nice work!

Well done on the rust proofing should be nearly number one thing on the list for all CRXs now, I like the jap rear bumper too.. Do es it fit over the long number plate holder or will you be changing to a jap one aswell?

As for the lights dunno about the CR-X on the centre section or not but would definately prefer the non foglight rears alright!

If you want to sell your old exhaust setup for €10 Id happly take it :P
Old 08-27-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by C-Rex

Some very nice work!

Well done on the rust proofing should be nearly number one thing on the list for all CRXs now, I like the jap rear bumper too.. Do es it fit over the long number plate holder or will you be changing to a jap one aswell?

As for the lights dunno about the CR-X on the centre section or not but would definately prefer the non foglight rears alright!

If you want to sell your old exhaust setup for €10 Id happly take it :P
ya rust is the one thing i dont want further down the line so going to rust proof all the underneath, well its already stonechipped from factory just going to get the arches and front inner wings, front panel all sorted.

ya im thinking the non fog light ones ill see, def going to use the ef8 bumper now just get it resprayed, have the cut off the long holder reg panel bumper doesnt fit with it.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:55 PM

You can actually take that plate holder off just use a vise grips as the bolts are round head for some reason.. Can re drill then and mount a Jap holder
Old 08-28-2012, 07:00 PM

ya ill probably unbolt it so and try get a jap one and stick it on .
Old 10-04-2012, 06:27 PM

Small update; car is off getting the clutch sorted getting it back Sat morning. Also picking up my alloys got them powdercoated white which will look good against the blue. bought 2 new tyres also . Got the alloys powder coated in carlow coatings 200 for the 4 alloys not bad and the quality is ment to be good, ill see 2mr nite.

Also picked up some underseal and cavity wax; going to strip the arches and clean them all up with new underseal and pump the cavity wax into sills,chassie legs and anywhere else i think off; this will keep the rust away for another 20 years hopefully
Old 10-06-2012, 05:55 PM

ok few pics of alloys now white ; so far this weekend i have got the clutch sorted and alloys with new tyres sorted this weekend. hope to get the 2 front arches stripped back 2mr and coated with zinc primer and then stone chip during the week; also got some cavity wax so going to pump that into sills. ok few pics from today

before allys went on

and white alloys on