JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2012, 11:08 AM

The boot struts were ok a few weeks back but the seal broke on the drivers side one so the oil pretty much all came out!

Car looked like it was eating me everytime I opened the boot door!
Anyone else have non honda struts on theirs? In the 1.5x I have there is GM (General Motors) ones must see if there is a code on them, not as tidy a fit though
Old 07-28-2012, 08:57 AM

Went out yesterday to fit the TEIN EDFC setup I have basically it uses all this:

To do exactly the same as this:

Its to allow you to adjust the damping on all four shocks as you go along to help fine tune.. You can then save a few preset adjustments for quick setup.. Was just lying in under the dash and found a more important problems so EDFC is a job for another day..

The alarm wasnt working right and to be honest Id prefer something better with anti jack and proximity sensors so set about taking the old mess out!

Took out this ball of sh!te that was held together with about 20 cable ties and insulation tape, left in a few kill switches though to get me by a while:

Any of ye know what these three conectors are for they are coming of the front fog light loom is there something else that can be plugged into them?

This CRX still on giving 6years on parked up in the field:

Got this good flasher unit out of it cause the clip was broken on mine:

So no under the dash is now like standard no yards of insulation tape and cable ties.. Just to find a good route for the Defi gauge wiring now
Old 07-29-2012, 10:16 PM

With the ALB removed there was a stupid square missing out of the rear boot carpet so replaced it with one I had in the shed:

Before:

Side by Side:

New one in, will be replacing the quarter plastics too cause mine have a few cracks in them and there is a gap in them for ALB too

Wanted to give the front end a good clean up, behind the bumper there was grease and sh!te built up and wanted to get a good look around for any rust or crash damage..

All stripped back, cleaned up and not a sign of rust or damage so was delighted:

My headlights were a bit crappy too holders/clips broke, seals missing, damage to the lenses etc
Picked up a set off Billy150 on here at a great price so spent ages cleaning them down polishing the lenses and got a nice surprise when I found they had Raybrig H4h White Thunder bulbs. Ready to be fitted now again tomorrow.

Oh and couldnt resist had to try on one of the carbon wings before I finished up!

Fit is perfect, the holes there for arch liners bumper support etc all there and no more sh!te paint and filler on the wings..
Wont be fitting these properly though until it gets a respray nice to know they are right now anyway
Old 07-30-2012, 10:08 PM

That's savage Paul.
The car is a credit to ya. It's a privilege (personally) to have worked on it.
Congrats on the nct.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:54 AM

Thanks Gary good to have ya working on it took long enough to find someone Id trust to do any work on it..

Straightened out the seams along the sills too where lads were jacking it in the wrong places all better now..

Swapped back to original amber side indicators:

Cleaned up in around the drivers side too, want to spray up a bit in the back where sealer lifted just so it doesnt become rusty in future... All it need no is to stop raining!!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:49 PM

VERY sweet, savage work Paul - fair play.

This will be in the top 3 in Ireland I'd imagine. Not many non-rusty buckets out there now.

siR [New addition] Sold!
siR [RIP]
Old 07-31-2012, 03:26 PM

Those connectors are coming out of extra "accessort" slots on the fusebox. I dont know what they might have been for.

The accessory slots are very handy. I wired in my electric folding mirrors into them. I think one slot is live all the time, and the other 2 come on with the ignition switch.

heres the + wire for my electric folding mirrors.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:39 PM

Thanks Ronan get yourself one again but this time make sure its never been in the UK and you'll have a proper shell, worth even getting a dual carb and get Gary to do a conversion on it! We'll get you back in one again! Ill call into you there some evening

James yea its the OEM Foglight loom so I suppose them connectors act as extras when you use up the specific outputs on the fuse box.. Handy to know there is ignition positive too will be handy for the gauges Im putting in hopefully next week..
Old 07-31-2012, 07:36 PM

Just looking into fitting the EDFC and saw that I need to get 4 tiny hex bolts that screw into the coilover..

They are only €6 but over €18 delivery from www.camskill.co.uk!! And $40 from the US!!

Heres how they fit, will hopefully get them in next week so once I order the hex bolts!
http://teinusa-blog.com/edfc-motor-install/
Old 07-31-2012, 08:26 PM

They sort of remind me of plugs for caliper pins on motorcycles...all they do is blank of a thread is it?