JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Chat Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2021, 12:18 PM
Administrator

They look super. I have the same seats sitting in the garage - got a bit of a deal on them on eBay. Think I paid about €180 shipped! Am having the leather replaced and will get the rears done too.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kdevitt

They look super. I have the same seats sitting in the garage - got a bit of a deal on them on eBay. Think I paid about €180 shipped! Am having the leather replaced and will get the rears done too.
Wow that was a great price kdevitt.I know a lad got his redone in nappa leather in England and they were amazing. Pricey though- think it cost him 500sterling but really were worth it.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:42 PM
Administrator

My E30 is over in the UK at the moment having a retrim - so probably going to keep this one local. My E36 is off to Waterford at the end of the month for a retrim too - so plan is currently to use that lad if the work turns out ok on the E36.
Old 02-06-2021, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Dropped out to the bodyshop yesterday and grabbed all the parts I could - car is being collected next week and dropped off at my house. Its going to be like a massive Lego set with no instructions. Have put cars back together again plenty of times - but I was always the one who took them apart in the first place, which makes it easier when trying to figure out what goes where!

Anyway - I picked up a brand new set of genuine 16v headlights a few years back on eBay. I know the plastic JDM ones can be a bit weak in terms of output, and figured they'd be gone past a salvagable shade of yellow by this stage. Had a look yesterday - and it appears that someone got there before me. Glass 16v headlights were already fitted. They're actually in very good nick - but the brackets were terrible looking. So took them apart today, and cleaned them up. Repainted them with rustoleum gloss black.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:51 AM
Administrator

I needed to tidy up almost all the trim pieces on the car - put the feelers out on Facebook for a recommendation on what trim paint to use. Eventually opted for Besa textured plastic paint which Vinny Byrnes supply.

This stuff is actually technical an adhesion promoter and used to spray bumpers prior to a top coat, but is a matt black finish as standard and can be just left as is. As a result, its ideal for the plastics on the car and doesn't require the use of a separate adhesion promoter.

This is the side trim after being painted - far left is with Besa. Middle is with Brayt trim restorer, and the last one is untouched.

Gradually working my way round all the required parts - very happy with the results, although some bits are more work than others!

Old 04-25-2021, 09:01 PM

Looks great kdevitt, nice work.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:32 PM

Savage work Ken, nothing really gets the original trim back looking new so painting them is the only option really that Beata looks great