JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Technical
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2014, 10:59 AM

Default Aircon/heater stopped blowing (oo-er, missus!)

So, the heater in the SiR has stopped blowing air on any setting (this is the A/C panel with the OFF - AUTO - 1 - 2 - MAX slider setting). Before I start rooting at it, does anyone know for sure if it has a similar setup to other Hondas, allbeit with heaters rather than aircon? In the Civic, there was a connector behind the glovebox that you could remove to access a coil pack, the different coils set the speed of the blower. Over time, the expansion and contraction of the coils due to heating would cause them to break, and you'd lose that speed on the fan. The number one setting hasn't worked for a while, and I noticed the 2 setting would stop after a while occasionally. Now though, the whole thing has stopped.

TL;DR Where's the coil pack for the air-con, or is my air-con buggered!?
Red 90 UK VT Turbo...Stolen []
Old 02-05-2014, 06:32 AM

I'd be interested in hearing this, although can't be of much help. I've heard lads on CRX-UK talking about soldering some connections behind the glove box to fix issues, apparently they break with age.

I have very little heat on setting 1, and too much on 2. Absolutely no cold at all, on any setting. ASir Con is removed though, but thought I'd retain some functioning.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:47 PM

THought I saw someone say it there all right, Dave. Sounds similar to the issue I had in the Civic. There's a crowd in the UK resolder new ceramic coils in (which should mean you never have to do it again as they don't break like the metal ones eventually do) if you send your broken one to them. Sounds like the CRX is the same setup, just need a chance to take a look behind the glovebox. Costs about £20 all in, I'll post details when I can dig them out.
Red 90 UK VT Turbo...Stolen []