JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2009, 12:21 PM

Default 1.5x Project.

Well its been ages since I've talked about or done anything with the 1.5x and it's been a sorry looking state sitting outside the house.However I will not let the new car take priority so whatever I do to the Sunny,i'm doing to the CR-X.So yesterday evening and today I made a start on both cars.The weather has been so in and out recently though that I haven't got the clear run at them as I wanted.I'm only writing this now as it is now raining outside so had to pack up my work for a while till it stops.

Anyway my first main priority with the CR-X is preping the car to get a good waxoyl treatment to keep the car rust free for years and years to come.So I now have the back stript out of the CR-X so that both arches are visable and ready to waxoyl.

I'm off on holidays tomorrow for a week so I'm really just preping it up for waxoyling and praying to god that when I come back that we'l get a good few days of sun for the waxoyling.I suggest that if you plan on keeping your CR-X for a good while to come then do this!Waxoyl is about €50 for a 5 litre drum from most motor factors...it's a bit dear but its worth it if it's gonna prevent rust.

When stripping the back I noticed that the back of the back seat has got very badly rusted...in some places it's just about surface rust.

I believe this has been cause by the leak coming in through the boot struts or the back window washer.So I will hopefully eliminate this problem also when I come back by following the write ups on CRX UK.With the seat I am going to cut the rust wires holding on the cloth at the bottom and then sand down all the rust and paint it all up black and put it back in.

Next on the list is I'm going to put the back window passenger seal in as it has been lying around for ages and its pissiong me off at this stage.However the orange clips are broken off so If anyone has the following orange clips lying around or on a car being broken I would appreciate them.

I may also need the plastic part that runs down the end of the door,I was sure I had one but can seem to find it but I'll keep looking.

After the back is all cleaned up and waxoyled,I am going to fit a megan racing rear strut brace that has been lying around for about 2 years[:0]So I will line it up and cut whatever bit of plastic has to be cut.

If the weather permits me I am hoping to get the skirts and sill cover off and prep that up for waxoyling by the end of the day.

I will following up on this write up when I come back from holidays and get more of it done.After the above is done,I will be tackling the cars handling which hasn't been great for a while now so new steering rack and other bits will been done.Also the alarm and wiring under the dash seriously need a tidying up,I might tackle it myself but seriously don't know where to start so might leave it to someone else to sort.

Rich
Old 05-23-2009, 12:51 PM

nice plans to keep her in tip top condition! looks like im not the only one who never bothers with the correct date on digital cameras!
Old 05-23-2009, 01:19 PM

rich, i think theres a fuel filter there sum where under the rear bench. You'd be as well to replace it while you'v the car stripped
Old 05-23-2009, 02:47 PM

fuel filter was replaced about a year ago and since then hasn't done much milege but might do it alright.Have to re-align the back bumper as some eejit reversed into it and pushed it forward slighty and drove off.Have got the side skirts off there and I have to say..."FECK HONDA AND THEIR STUPID RUBBER SCREWS!"...spent ages drilling them out as most of them,their heads were gone through bad use of screwdriver by some previous owner!But on the brightside there was no rust behind them so just gonna pop off the plastic covers covering the top of the sills and have a look but fairly confident there is no rust.

Thinking of a possible respray then at the end off it all as there are a good few scratches on it which are annoying the crap outta me.Of course that would be if I can afford it.Anyone wanna offer me a job?
Old 05-23-2009, 03:38 PM

how much was a new filter rich, i should probably do mine, was planning on pulling out the rear interior next week as i need something to keep my unemployed ass busy...
Old 05-23-2009, 04:06 PM

oh jeez can't remember...I have a search again cause I wrote it down somewhere.Ya seriously strip it and treat it for rust.It ain't a hard job and doesn't take to long.If only people did it from the start then there would be no rusty crx's.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:47 PM

Rich - I have a back bench to replace my current one - the only thing wrong with mine is that it's not vinyl. Do you want it?
Old 05-23-2009, 07:59 PM

Thanks mark but trying to keep it vinyl...there's another back bench here to that ain't vinyl but I figure rather than get rid of this one thats still perfectly ok,I might aswell fix it.Thanks for the offer though.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:33 PM

Rich is you rear bench vinyl? I'm pretty sure its cloth [8)]

Good work, just dont nick shite offa mine []

90 White USDM CRX HF (JDM B20B Swap)
05 White USDM Subaru Legacy Outback
Old 05-28-2009, 10:49 AM

ment to say cloth...not much to nick off of yours anyway