JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > General Chat & Events > General Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2012, 05:53 PM

Default crx overhaul

hi guys i tried to register on this website but something has gone wrong so i am using my friend rovermike to log on my name is crxmike i was at the oldskool meet this year in cel blue crx i put her of the road for overhaul it getting full respray i bought rough teg type r engine which burning alot of oil i have engine rebuild i going put it in the crx here the follow spec on the engine skunk 2 values springs retainers tuners stage 2 cams adjustable cams new oil seals values saels new pistons and rings bearings i am hoping to get around 220-230 bhp it be instresting to see that kind of power going into y1 1.6 lsd box will do any one ever done that any info would be helpfull cheers mike
Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 PM

Welcome Mike good to have you here finally was surprised to see your CRX at the meet alright no one knew who you were really ha ha

If the gearbox is in good condition I couldnt see there being any problems Ill be running the same power in my B16 CRX through a Y1 LSD and Stephen K had one aswell but destroyed the syncros from drag racing ha ha

Have you any plans on drag or track use or is the conversion just for your own amusement on road
Old 12-28-2012, 07:59 PM

I don't think power will kill a y1.... Being dog rough will tho!!!

-92 EF6 dual carb... neglected out the back
-90 EF8 siR... the money pit!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by C-Rex

Welcome Mike good to have you here finally was surprised to see your CRX at the meet alright no one knew who you were really ha ha

If the gearbox is in good condition I couldnt see there being any problems Ill be running the same power in my B16 CRX through a Y1 LSD and Stephen K had one aswell but destroyed the syncros from drag racing ha ha

Have you any plans on drag or track use or is the conversion just for your own amusement on road
Old 12-29-2012, 04:36 PM

hi c-rex and stephen no i am not going to drag or track race i am going to keep it oldskool sleeper its going take a couple months to get the crx right i have to take the box out and get it reconditioned third gear is f--k i be stripping the body down taking doors wings lights windows sunroof off i prep the body myself with help of a friend alan he be doing the respray for me and then i put all back together hope fully in one pice haha then i put the engine and gearbox in get it rolled and map i be going shopping for parts in next few weeks i keep you inform updates as i going along if run into any problems with rebuild i gave you a shout
Old 04-25-2013, 11:55 PM

Mike get to work on this and get pictures.. Im looking forward to seeing this come together after the last day talking to you!